About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
We are Nate Cross and Carrie Cunningham. Unapologetic foodies, we thought about the amount of time and money we spend on eating and cooking, and figured maybe we have something to say about it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Supper Club/Guerilla Dinners

Recently it seems that Nate and I have been opting for cooking with friends instead of a night of drinking downtown that may or may not be augmented by the hot dog king (and that's no dig on the hot dog king, I adore that Chicago dog with pepperoncinis, sauerkraut, onions, and spicy mustard.....mmmm). However, the cooking with friends has its perks, including saved $$, no drinking and driving, and delicious food.

A few months ago we kinda started kicking this off with our friends Jeff and Darlene and their neighbors Mike and Cindy have been involved a time or two as well. My close friend Jessica has also joined us (and vice versa) a time or two and it's finally starting to feel like a trend is emerging.

A supper trend!

So, the goal is my mind is the formalize this process a little more. I know that Nate and I aren't the first (certainly not the last I hope) to enjoy the idea of getting together with friends for nights of drink and gnosh, but seriously, let's make this more of a pageant. We have a terrific book of recipes that Nate just discovered all about rogue dinner parties and adventurous locations, let's get down to business, what could be better?

This coming Wednesday we are planning a Mediterranean feast with aforementioned amigos, I will broach the subject with them and propose either standard times of cooking and scheming OR that we develop a proposal for a union of foodies and pot lucks to match.

And hopefully, I will include some pics finally, I know Nate has some from the last pizza party we had that involved a fantastic veggie heavy thin crust and a thicker, more decadent pear, bacon, and goat cheese pie that we all enjoyed. Oh yeah, the bacon one had egg on it too...!

The cogs are turning, mischief is afoot.

No comments: