About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
We are Nate Cross and Carrie Cunningham. Unapologetic foodies, we thought about the amount of time and money we spend on eating and cooking, and figured maybe we have something to say about it.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bok Choy Obsession

Why am I in this phase right now where I want to eat really garlicky baby bok choy all the time?

It's not the worst problem, that's for sure.

I have been getting baby bok choy at Wheatsville Co-op (I FINALLY got a membership, after living in Austin for....13+ years...) and just trimming off the end, rinsing it really well and then splitting the leaves longways and chopping them into thirds.  I usually buy about 3 pieces, enough to feed 4 folks.

I put them into a mixing bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with about a tbsp of olive oil and then I like to use my microplane fine grater to grate about 3 cloves of garlic.  Mixing the garlic in with your hands seems to work best, otherwise it gets kinda stuck in clumps.

At this point, we've been grilling it on our outdoor gas grill by just putting down a layer of aluminum foil.  Otherwise, it works great in a wok, also.

It's so sweet, crunchy, and delicious, a great autumnal transition food!  There's a good chance we are going to make it for Thanksgiving with our folks this year!

No comments: